I’m always talking about doing things to soothe my shattered soul – I’m sure the fam-jam thinks I’m being dramatic (yet again), but I’m totally serious. A lot of days find me feeling delicate inside, like my soul is made of a blown out eggshell, and I’m trying really hard not to let it break. A variety of things make me feel this way: watching the news, seeing children hurting, my lunch order being wrong (an exaggeration, okay….but a slight one)…but, I keep on, and so far my soul hasn’t shattered. Yet. I’ve been trying to focus on doing more for myself and my soul – which sounds ridiculous, I know, but…every little bit helps. I came across this article and wanted to share it with you – it’s full of GREAT ideas of ways to feed your soul, EXACTLY what I need!
1. Make this daily 10-minute date with yourself:
Meditate right after you awaken.
2. Take a leisurely magnesium-replenishing bath.
Epsom salts, y’all!
3. Heed the mind-body-spirit connection.
4. Serve somebody.
5. Lose yourself by reading.
6. Forgive someone.
7. Play with a pooch or cuddle a kitten.
The mere act of putting a smile on your face influences your feelings, studies suggest.
9. Breathe the clean air of nature.
10. Scope out new scenery.
11. Try the inspired self dialogues journaling technique.
12. Spend a day with a young child.
13. Lunch in the light.
14. Immerse yourself in music you love.
15. Regularly do good deeds while expecting nothing in return.
16. Indulge in artwork.
17. Ponder a poem.
18. Move to music.
20. Change the environment of hurrying the kids to school into a meditation.
21. Feel the spray of a waterfall or crashing surf.
22. Inhale an aroma you love for 30 seconds.
23. Imagine your life as a pie.
24. Go fish.
25. An elevating elixir. Find a soothing drink to calm you from the inside out.
26. Practice gratitude.
Make it a daily habit to jot down five things you’re grateful for.
27. Strengthen body and soul through yoga.
28. Drop the perfectionist, all-or-nothing attitude.
29. Get a massage.
30. Lose yourself by watching live theater.
31. Live fully in the present.
« When you aren’t distracted by your own negative thinking, when you don’t allow yourself to get lost in moments that are gone or yet to come, you are left with this moment. This moment—now—truly is the only moment you have. It is beautiful and special,” Sydney Banks asserts in the chapter he contributed to Handbook for the Soul. Banks also says that if you stay present “and stay connected to your soul and remain happy, you will find that your heart is filled with positive feelings.”
32. Gaze at the stars, maybe through a telescope.
33. Keep dreaming.
« Dreams provide nourishment for the soul just as a meal does for the body. Many times in our lives we see our dreams shattered and our desires frustrated, but we have to continue dreaming. If we don’t, our soul dies,” says Paulo Coelho, best-selling author of The Alchemist.
Tons of good ideas here, eh? I know!! I’m going to pick two to focus on this week – I think I will start with #1 – Meditation and #2 – Magnesium Bath…seems an easy, attainable start to the list, don’t you think? I’m excited to get started – rub-a-dub-dub, I’m heading for the tub!! 😉
What will you try to soothe your soul? Can’t wait to hear about it! ♥️