So, as I mentioned previously, I signed myself up for Gabby Bernstein’s 21 Day Manifesting Challenge – and so far, so good! 😊 A real highlight for me has been the Facebook community….the people in the group are so wonderful, interesting, open…it’s been beautiful to read their stories and what brought them to the challenge. I love it!
Since the 1st of the year, Gabby has sent out an email each day with tasks to complete, and I have kept up – woot! woot! At the beginning of the challenge, we were asked what things we wanted to manifest, and to be CLEAR about those. My list included financial stuff (of course), improved health (not that my health is bad – for a fluffy person I’m in surprisingly good health!), and a way forward with my side interests. There was other stuff on the list, but these are some of the big ones. The main thing that I’ve taken away thus far is the importance of ‘clarity’…you can’t put something out to the universe and hope it will happen, if you aren’t 100% clear on what that something is! It just won’t work!
A second thing that Gabby frequently reminds us of is the intention behind the desires we have – and I think this is key. One of my items was that I want to improve my financial situation – the reason for this is that I don’t want to have to worry about money so much, I don’t want to be always running short on funds for things, I don’t want the stress and the worry… I want to be comfortable and happy, so that I can focus on enjoying time with my family (and not obsess over what everything will cost). I don’t want a heap of money so that I can buy strippers and drugs all day long – that would not be a great intention. I think my motivation is sound ….and I’m hoping like hell that it works!
“I’m worthy of my desires, and attracting what I want will bring more joy to the world.” – Gabby Bernstein
Here’s some other things I’ve made notes of to share with you:
When things get difficult…
Notice the negative thought pattern. Take a deep breath and feel into whatever feelings come up for you. Then exhale.
Stop the spiral of negative thoughts by silently repeating this: I choose to see peace instead of this.
Close your eyes, breathe long and deep as you silently repeat that phrase for at least a minute.
Your energy creates your reality. Consciously choose new thoughts and you’ll raise your vibrations.
When we make feeling good our priority, everything else can flow.
Be unapologetic about how you want to feel.
I will keep you posted on how things are going as we continue through the rest of our 21 days – loving this!!!😊
I saw this article on Lifehack, and thought that I would share it with you:
Removing These 8 Things From Life Can Make You More Successful By Amy Johnson
Lots of people think that the best way to become successful is to pick up lots of new habits and skills. While this can help, sometimes the best thing you can do is give up the things that distract you from your goals.
Instead of adding more things to your life, try removing some negative things that hold you back from success. Some are very easy to give up, while others require a little more time and effort.
Here are 8 things that you should remove from your life to be more successful:
1. Remove Excuses Successful people don’t try to blame their family, their friends, their boss or their co-workers for their life. Instead, they understand that they are fully responsible for their own life and situation. They see this as a good thing as it means that they hold the power to significantly improve their life. When you make up excuses you are lying to yourself, which will hold you back from achieving your goals.
2. Remove Perfectionism Perfection is unattainable, so trying to achieve it is a waste of your time. Instead of worrying about mistakes that you have made or physical flaws that bother you, simply focus on trying to better yourself with small steps. No one is perfect, but anyone can make the decision to be a better person.
Playing Twister is an excellent way to be successful, don’t you think?!
3. Remove Fear Lots of people make themselves smaller without realizing; they keep quiet during discussions when they want to say something; they avoid taking risks; and they always think about the worst-case scenario. This fearful attitude will stop you from achieving your full potential, so remove it from your life and be brave instead; speak up, voice your thoughts and actively chase your dreams and goals.
4. Remove The Need To Control Everything You can’t control everything, and trying to do so is a futile task. It won’t help you to become more successful, but it will make you feel stressed, upset and frustrated. Instead of trying to control everything around you, make an effort to care less about the things you can’t control and focus on the things that you can.
5. Remove A Fixed Mindset Lots of people have a fixed mindset and they make no effort to learn more or change their perception. This makes it hard for them to become more successful as their mindset is stuck in the past. Try to embrace knowledge and learning, and remember that you can always become wiser.
6. Remove The Desire For Overnight Success Some people believe that the majority of successful people became successful overnight, or that they became successful by chance. While luck can certainly play its part, you can’t rely on luck to become successful. In reality success takes time and dedication, so you should plan for the future as well as the day ahead of you.
I drank this on Christmas Day. Straight out of the bottle, no glass needed. Never been more successful in my life!
7. Remove Toxic People If the people around you are negative and pessimistic, over time you will start to become negative and pessimistic too. Remove the toxic people from your life and replace them with optimistic, supportive people who genuinely care about you and your dreams. You will find that you are more motivated to work on your goals, and you will be happier and less stressed.
8. Remove The Need To Say Yes (When Really You Want To Say No) Some people struggle to say no to the people around them, even if they want to say no. This normally means that they end up wasting time doing things that they don’t want to do, and other people might start to take advantage of them. Be brave and say no when you want to; only you can make your dreams a priority, and it is difficult to do that if you are too busy helping other people with their dreams.
This list is golden, don’t you think? Instead of telling you all the things that you need to learn to do and add to your already-overflowing life, this one suggests removing the things that don’t feel good. I LOVE this. I am crazy about the idea of not doing the things that don’t make you happy – for example, I don’t hang out with people who make me feel shitty anymore. I’ve known people who used to like spending time with me because they would put me down, and in the process build themselves up – which is no way to treat a friend, if you ask me. I’m done with it. I didn’t have a dramatic scene where I spelled out just how bloody much they sucked – instead, I always found reasons to say no to making plans with them…and eventually they took the hint. Done with that crap.
I’ve written before of my refusal to keep saying ‘yes’ to every single damn thing that comes my way – if I don’t want to do something (and I don’t have to for work/life), I don’t. Again, no big dramatic moments ever go down…I just say no. It’s liberating! I’m master of my own domaine, and I get to decide how I spend my time and how I am going to feel about it. Woohoo!! 🙂 Just say no – you should try it! 🙂
I’ve never had the perfectionist gene, and I’m pretty good at taking responsibility for my shit and not offering up lame excuses. I am addressing the fear issue at the moment, as this is a biggie for me. I avoid doing all sorts of things that would probably revolutionize my life and how I live it – all because I am afraid…which is silly. I have gone back to Gabrielle Bernstein’s book “May Cause Miracles” and I am working my way through it, day by day – I’m even doing the exercises and everything! Yaa me! This week, the focus was on being the witness of my thoughts, actions, and energy – and choosing love over fear. I love that. When things get shady and the fight or flight instinct kicks in – take a step back, and choose love. I will keep you posted on how this works out – I am a girl who could realllllllly use a miracle!
I’ve been reading self-help books for over 20 years…you would think that I’m all helped and totally fixed, right? You would be wrong…I’m nowhere near fixed, and likely never will be. I prefer to think of myself as a work in progress – some days my progress is akin to the pace of the hare from the children’s tale, other times it’s a tortoise’s pace for sure. The good news is that I’m mostly going forward (mostly), so…there’s that. Positive thinking! 😊
Speaking of which, lately I’ve been working on the power of positive thinking – an oldie but a goodie! I recently read Gabrielle Bernstein’s ‘Super Attractor’, which I really enjoyed. In the past, I’ve found some of her books a bit too « woowoo » for me, and they’ve been tricky to get through without feeling cynical, as if I will never be in touch with my spirituality enough to be able to hang with the stuff Gabby is saying. This book felt different, though…I found it more accessible, and it really meant a lot to me. I was reminded that thoughts become things, and all of the crap that I regularly think about myself was likely part of the reason that things have often been difficult for me.
Since finishing this book, I have made conscious efforts to think more positively, to think about what I want (instead of what I DON’T want), and to focus on the great things that I do have. I can’t be certain, but it does seem that I am feeling a wee bit better about things – which is AWESOME. ♥️ It’s a start – every day is a new chance to make something magical happen…and I am really leaning into it and giving it a go. 🙏
I am really REALLY looking forward to the new year. It’s the ‘20s!!!!! I LOVE everything about the 1920s style and culture-wise, and I am bloody determined to make the 2020s just as great! I’ve been looking forward to this for AGES – this is going to be my decade, i just know it! 😀 To put my money where my mouth is – and to get my year off to the right start – I signed up for Gabby’s Manifesting Challenge, which begins January 1st. Every day for 21 days, I will get a daily lesson on manifesting, there will be challenges, homework assignments, training videos, and printable worksheets. The purpose of this 21 day challenge will be learning how to focus on the things I want in life, to help make those things a reality and not just one of the many dreams that I have but never do anything about. I am looking forward to doing the activities, to focusing on myself for once (instead of everyone else in my life) – I can’t wait to see how this will positively impact my life and make me better!! Exciting!!! Stay tuned!!!! 😊
What kinds of things do you do for your personal development and well-being? Yoga? Meditation? 2020 is going to be the year that I FINALLY master meditation – I’m getting better at it, I’m doing it more and more regularly, but I need to really make the time and commit to the practice. That’s my #1 New Year’s Resolution for the upcoming year – screw the standard ‘this year I will lose weight/grow out my hair/blah blah blah’ BS…the next year will be all about MOI, and working on being the best me that I can be. Can’t wait! 😘